Relational, Time Series and In-Memmory Databases
Databases are areas where structured information or data is stored. With the increase in information, new methods were needed in the subjects of storing and accessing information on the computer. databases; It has been developed as an alternative to the "file-processing system", which is the traditional method of storing large amounts of information. (See Wikipedia -> Database)
These different needs and requirements have led to the discovery of different types of database technologies with which you can get the best performance according to your needs.
The inSCADA platform also enables you to use the most appropriate database technology for your purposes in your applications. These ;
In the inSCADA platform, Variables, Alarms, Trends, Logs data are stored in the time series database. In this way ;
Time Series Database in inSCADA Platform
- Fast Data Reading, Writing,
- Ready-to-use statistical calculation results, (Min, Max, Avg, First , Last , Integral ...)
- Less data storage space requirement,
- Ease of integration with known and most popular analysis tools and systems (Grafana, Power BI ..)
In-Memmory DB in inSCADA Platform
In the inSCADA platform, all data read from the communication channel, the status and quality information associated with this data, and the recent history of these data are stored in the in-memory database.
With this data being kept in an in-memory database, Multiple requests for data (such as real-time monitoring by multiple users) are provided in the fastest way and the load of these requests in the system is manageable.
In addition, the inSCADA platform allows application developers to access the in-memory database from within the script mechanism.
In this way, developers can store the data and data models they want to be shared in real time in this database. (See inSCADA APIs - ins.getGlobalObject(..) and ins.setGlobalObject(..)).
Developers can also perform real-time statistical calculations with this database on the inSCADA Platform.
The inSCADA platform has table creation, deletion tools with which you can create tables according to data models according to the requirements of your applications.
There is a terminal where you can write SQL queries, an API where you can send SQL queries from within the script mechanism (See inSCADA APIs - ins.runSql(...)).
In this way, application developers;
Relational Database in inSCADA Platform
- It can store data related to your time-stamped data for reporting,
- Create tables for recipe-based applications,
- Can write dynamic SQL queries.
- It can create tables for data sharing with 3rd party applications or ERP systems and can integrate through these tables.
- With ODBC, these tables can be accessed from outside the inSCADA Platform.
It offers solutions to many similar needs such as.